TIME LINE OF MY LIFE:
1. Born April 2, 1939 to Alivis and Buck Phariss in Breckenridge, Stephens County, Texas
2. Moved to Colorado City, Texas in 1946; was in the second grade.
3. Graduated from Colorado City High School in 1957/
4. Inducted into the United States Army on November 14, 1961; served in Ft. Carson, Colorado
and Ft. Will Oklahoma. Discharged on November 13, 1963.
5. Worked with my Dad and then owned a Phillips 66 Service Station in Colorado City at the
bottom of Hickory Street for two years.
6. Worked with my Dad as a carpenter for two years.
7. Began attending Howard County Jr. College in Big Spring in 1967.
8. Graduated from Howard County Jr. College in 1969 with an Associates of Arts Degree.
9. Transferred to Sul Ross State University in Fall of 1969.
10. Graduated from Sul Ross State University in Summer of 1970.
11. Began teaching at McCamey ISD in McCamey, Texas, Upton County, Texas. Taught Jr. High science for two years until summer of 1972
12. Moved back to Colorado City, Texas during the summer of 1972 and began teaching 7th grade Life Science in the Fall of 1972. Taught there for 4 years.
13. Moved to Loraine ISD, Loraine, Mitchell County, Texas as secondary princial in Fall of 1976.
14. Move to DeLeon, Comanche County, Texas as secondary principal in Fall of 1980.
15. Was out of education during 1982-83.
16. Moved to Bremond ISD, Bremond, Robertson County, Texas in Fall of 1983 as secondary principal.
17. Became superintendent of Bremond in the summer of 1984.
18. Moved to Ranger, Eastland County, Texas and became superintendent of Ranger ISD in January of 1992.
19. Retired from Ranger ISD and education in May of 1997.
20. Moved back to DeLeon in 1998.
21. Moved back to Ranger in 1999.
22. Moved back to Ranger in 2000
23. Moved to Ivanhoe, Texas near Bonham, Texas in 2001. Stayed there on a small farm for 6 years.
24. Moved to Dublin, Erath County, Texas in 2005.
25. In Dublin, Texas at this time i- March of 2013.